Monday, August 27, 2018

More Parts

Parts keep arriving from all over the world. I'm really excited to see the potential sitting on my bench!

- E3D V6 with titanium heat brake and solid copper heater block
- Bondtech bowden extruder
- Duet3D Duet 2 Wifi
- Gates GT3 2mm pitch belts and AL pulleys


Also, I have been seriously considering changing the design to follow the mechanics of the E3D motion system which is CoreXY based without the belts crossing. Since i do not have immediate plans for a tool changer system, this will limit the Filameister to a single material whereas originally I was designing for one and leaving room for a second on the same beam similar to the IDEX on BCN3D Sigma.

Here is my rough concept at the moment. To make this change, i will have to find a way to support the idler pulleys since E3D does not sell their custom made hardware (yet!). I will probably prototype in aluminum and maybe replace the beam with carbon fiber at some point for increased stiffness.


And, I got the X and Y axis motors to run back and forth which is always an exciting step in any build:



No comments:

Post a Comment