Tuesday, September 18, 2018

CoreXY re-design

So I took the plunge and re-designed the XY axes to use the E3D style CoreXY design without the crossing belts. I like their design because it looks simple to build and stiff structurally.

Currently, I have the XY system basically designed around the components I have sourced. In other words, adapted to the linear bearing lengths, motor sizes, V6 hotend etc that I have already acquired.

I will be prototyping the XY motion this weekend hopefully if the rest of the shoulder bolts arrive in time! I am going to prototype the aluminum plate and crossbeam in acrylic because I can laser all the holes in the right spot with the cnc laser at work. If the prototype works, I will commit to making an aluminum version.

A view of the CoreXY belt system:


No comments:

Post a Comment